Monday, May 28, 2007

Compassion

"My hair is on fire," he said in relief.

"Well, my mind is alight," she said in response. "My skin is a burden, but I still feel alright."

"You don't understand, you don't comprehend, you can't find the answers, you just don't see the sun."

"But the air is attraction, the air is inside, the air is a heart and my heart lies with one." She smiled like a leper on a crag-pocked hill, she smiled like a statue standing perfectly still.

"Don't you see? My hair is on fire. The flames they are burning, the flames they reach higher."

She spun and she reached, she laughed and swore. "Time-flaked tears that welled from the shore, my skin is a burden, a burden for sure."

"You fucking whore, you awful fright. The agony of the wretched called down upon your head, please set me free, free from my plight."

She gathered a bucket and filled it with dread. She walked to his canyon dumped it in right. His screams were the echo that bounced through the trees, the dread it did nothing, it fed on the flames.

"You kill me with compassion, you squeeze me with pain. Why would you do this to me, this horrible thing?"

She grinned while she wept, she understood so clearly and fast. "My skin was a burden, I told you all that. I did this to save you, to save you at last."

No comments: